Beyond Meat announced today that for the first time, its popular plant-based Beyond Burger will be available in Canadian grocery stores staring in May 2019.
The Beyond Burger is touted as being the first plant-based burger designed to look, cook and satisfy like beef, but is made entirely from plants without soy, gluten or GMOs.
With a suggested price ranging between $7.49 and 7.99 for a pack of two burgers, the Beyond Burger patty boasts 20-grams of protein with less total and saturated fat than a traditional beef patty.
You’ll be able to find the Beyond Burger in the meat case at the following Canadian retailers starting in May:
- Co-op Food Stores
- Georgia Main Food Group: Fresh Street Market & IGA
- Loblaw: Fortinos, Maxi and Superstore
- Metro: Food Basics and Super C
- Save On Foods: PriceSmart, Urban Fare
- Sobeys: Foodland, Freshco, IGA, IGA Extra, Price Chopper, Rachelle-Béry, Safeway, Sobeys Urban Fresh and Thrifty Foods
Whole Foods Market
The nationwide retail launch comes on the heels of the brand’s successful debut with A&W that initially introduced Canadians to the taste of The Beyond Burger.