The Comedy Network brings satire into your living room with the introduction of the new satirical series The Beaverton on November 9, 2016.
The 13-episode, 30-minute satirical series features co-anchors Emma Hunter and Miguel Rivas along with correspondents Aisha Alfa, Laura Cilevitz, Donavon Stinson, Laura Cilevitz, Marilla Wex, Aisha Alfa, Laura Cilevitz, and Donavon Stinson.
Here are some of the topics you can expect to see covered on The Beaverton:
- U.S. militia protecting its border from Canadian Black Friday shoppers
- With beer now available in grocery stores throughout Ontario, The Beer Store fights back by selling groceries
- Uber reaches a deal with Québec to provide taxi drivers with free rides to job interviews
- With the Loonie at a 20-year low, Canada moves to Canadian Tire money as its national currency
- Justin Trudeau wins the Internet by posting dub-smash video while approving the transcontinental pipeline
- Don Cherry unveils new clothing line for women
- A technological breakthrough in Virtual Insanity glasses that lets users experience life as Jamiroquai
If you’re not familiar with The Beaverton, it’s a popular online Canadian satirical site that has been providing Canadians with a daily dose of fake news stories since 2010. The television adaptation takes the popular online publication to a whole new level.
Image – Screengrab