Tim Hortons has opened its first restaurant in China, in the People’s Square in central Shanghai.
The Canadian chain says the newest restaurant marks the first of 1500 that will be rolled out across the country over the next 10 years.
While Tim Hortons will be offering a wide variety of its classic food and beverages, the brand will also feature an assortment of new menu items unique to the Chinese market, including:
- New Iced Capp flavors: Maple and Hazelnut
- Exclusive Chinese market teas: Steeped Black Lemon Peach Oolong and Blueberry Roselle
- New hot espresso beverages: Macha and Hazelnut lattes and a Maple Macchiato
- New Timbit flavour: Salted Egg Yolk Timbit
- Lunchtime offerings: Basil Chicken, Coldwater Shrimp and Montreal Style Beef sandwiches, which are severed on lightly toasted ciabatta buns alongside Black Pepper Beef and Chicken Caesar Laffa wraps
- Salads: Chicken and Roasted Pumpkin and Beef and Roasted Zucchini salads