For one day only on July 22, 2017, A&W Canada will be celebrating Free Root Beer Day by offering fans free A&W Root Beer from open to close.
The free root beer offer will be available at all participating restaurants across Canada on Saturday, July 22. No purchase is necessary to take advantage of the offer.
Additionally, in the lead-up to Free Root Beer Day, A&W Canada will introduce root beer made with natural ingredients nationwide on Monday, July 10, 2017. The soda will also be available in new 4-pack glass bottles in the craft soda section of grocery stores across Canada.
Here’s a look at the ingredients used to make A&W Canada’s Root Beer – available beginning July 10:
- Natural Cane Sugar: harvested from the sugar cane plant and identified by its caramel colour, natural cane sugar provides a fruity sweetness and floral aroma.
- Sarsaparilla Root: sarsaparilla is a plant with long vines and edible roots that lends distinct notes of vanilla, caramel and wintergreen.
- Birch Bark: light, fresh yet complex, birch bark brings a subtle earthiness to the smooth, delicious taste offering an almost delicate minty flavour.
- Licorice: natural licorice creates a richness of flavour in every sip with slightly bitter, sweet and spicy undertones.
- Anise: an aromatic spice delivering pleasant characteristics of fennel and tarragon, anise has been enjoyed as far back as ancient Egypt.
Image via A&W Canada