Canada Post sets all phasers to stunning with release of seven new Star Trek stamps in celebration of Starfleet’s finest leaders, alongside their most cunning adversaries.
Five of the seven stamps in the issue are dedicated to the exploits of James T. Kirk (Montréal-born actor William Shatner), Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart), Benjamin Sisko (Avery Brooks), Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) and Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula).
The sequel to last year’s 50th anniversary collection also includes two additional stamps: the intrepid shuttlecraft Galileo, and the ominous Borg cube.
The full issue includes:
- Admiral James T. Kirk with Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, 1982)
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard with Locutus of Borg (Star Trek: The Next Generation, 1987-1994)
- Captain Benjamin Sisko with Dukat (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, 1993-1999)
- Captain Kathryn Janeway with the Borg Queen (Star Trek: Voyager, 1995-2001)
- Captain Jonathan Archer with Commander Dolim (Star Trek: Enterprise, 2001-2005)
- The classic shuttlecraft Galileo (first appearance in Star Trek, 1966)
- The Borg cube (first appearance in Star Trek: The Next Generation, 1989)
Official First Day Covers – all cancelled in Vulcan, Alberta, except Kirk’s, which is cancelled in Montréal, Quebec – are priced at $16.95 for a set of seven. Booklets of 10 stamps are available for $8.50.
For the serious collector, Canada Post is offering limited-edition prints, and other Star Trek related collectables.
Image via Canada Post